Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring Break is for the Animals!

Yay! It's Spring Break... This post is chronologically backwards--that's how they uploaded, and it would take forever to change it. So, here we are on Easter. The Easter Bunny brought new t-shirts and sunglasses. Apparently, Peter Cottontail shares my feelings about sugar, carbs, and trans fat.
We dyed eggs...


Earlier in the week, we went to the zoo. Joey wasn't too thrilled about sitting on the crocodile.
James wasn't too thrilled about sitting on the train.
The monkeys had a banana for a snack.
Spring Break was pretty cold and rainy, but we found another nice day and went to the Baby Animal Festival in Wellsville. Allison, Jack and Porter came along which was great, because Allison took super cute pictures.
James and Ben weren't too excited about holding the baby animals. Apparently, cuddling with cute little bunnies and chicks is not manly enough.James ate a cricket at the Mountain Man settlement. I told him I would have tried one, but I didn't want any antennae or legs caught in my braces. A cricket needs to get completely swallowed the first time, Know what I mean?

Everyone say, "Aaaahhh." I know, these pictures are darling.

4 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Love the pictures--looks like fun, except the cricket! aaaahhh!

Ginger said...

What cute pictures and kids! You know James and Ben secretly loved holding the baby animals and riding the train. Of course James had to eat the cricket to prove his manhood after all that foo foo baby stuff!

wende said...

james is the man - i'm with you on not finding cricket pieces in your teeth later, not cool.

so next year, we're totally coming with you. my kids would love this and taking photos of all this goodness would be too much fun for me. hope allison doesn't mind tag alongs.

Allison said...

You're a good mom, Jen. Always taking your kids places and doing stuff. I'm glad you let me tag along sometimes... you help me look less LAME.