Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Penn Surprise

Frank had a trip to Pennsylvania where he had to drive from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh. When I heard this, I was psyched, because right there in the middle is State College! What's so great about this little city, you may ask? Well, I can name three things: My brother Dave, his wife Jana and their Baby Zola! So, we booked my ticket at the last minute, and since it was so late, we didn't call them and just knocked on their door...Dave spazzed. It was the greatest idea we've ever had.
Zola and Dave took us on a great hike. Here's me and Dave standing in front of Happy Valley.
Zola loves ice cream from the Penn State Creamery.And Frank and I had some Philly Cheesesteak. MMMMmmmm.... That's right, I'm not smiling until my braces come off.
Thanks for a great trip, Frank! And thanks to Dave and Jana for re-arranging their schedules on the spur of the moment and spending a super day with us. Jana, next time, I promise I'll make sure you are in some pictures.

3 comments:

Jana said...

You got the cutest member of the family and that's what matters. I love that picture of her with the ice cream. Best surprise ever!!!

wende said...

you're such a cool sister! what a fun surprise! and where have i been? i didn't even know you had gone!

ps you have a cute tin grin.

Dirk Handlebar said...

AWESOME! Seriously, best surprise ever (except for when Jana surprised me with Springsteen tickets). So much fun, and nice weather, and cheesesteaks . . . mmmmmmm . ..

Thanks again for coming out.

(that's what Frank's ex-cellmate said)