Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Discovering the real "Pop Secret"

This year for Ben's science project, he did a popcorn taste test to determine whether people prefer buttery popcorn or lite popcorn. All the different kinds of popcorn were put into numbered bags so that people could give an un-biased opinion (Hopefully, none of them were swayed by the grease leaking out of the buttery bags) Ben is observing...Hmmm...
Calculating data...
So, what did we learn, Ben? The data shows that people preferred Buttery popcorn--with the favorite being "Orville Redenbacher Movie Theater Butter." He also found that girls preferred the lite popcorn, the favorite being "Pop Weaver Lite Butter." Very informative and valuable information, Ben!

4 comments:

wende said...

i totally prefer the lite stuff, but i confess it's because i always drop the popcorn on to my shirt. if it were butter, it would end up looking like the greasy paper bags. i wish it were because i was a health-nut, but no, just clumsy.

Johnson Family said...

Nice project, Ben! Thanks for letting me be a taste tester, popcorn is my all time favorite!

Jana said...

looks like a scientist in the making!

Trent and Rachel said...

What a GREAT idea!!!! I have to say that I am a FAN of the lite. I used to use a WHOLE STICK of butter on a batch. This year my New Years resolution was to live past 35---and I am amazed how much better I feel! Isn't that horrible!!!

Rachel