Thursday, April 10, 2008

Hallo! My name is Joseph Moore! You're not my Mommy. Prepare to die!


What can I say, Joey is the happiest, smiley-est baby ever. He is a total mama's boy. I admit it, I love it. He is always wanting to be held. So, now that he is too big for the baby bjorn, I have a sling and a backpack that I carry him around in while I am making dinner or vacuuming or whatever. James and Ben call him my Sycophant. If you've never read the Leven Thumps books, a sycophant is like a little animal who is always holding onto Leven. I think Joey has two reasons for this. He is pretty cuddly and likes me to hug him. And also, he likes to supervise what is going on in the house from a higher viewpoint. Joey loves popcorn, balls, peek-a-boo, clapping, playing crawling hide-and-seek, dogs, his blankey, his brothers, Baby Einstein (especially the BLAH! part), being tickled, giving "fives," mandarin oranges, and going on walks in his stroller. I guess those are all pretty typical baby things. But what is really special about Joey is how happy he always is. I have never had a baby who was laughing and smiling all the time. He is just what we need around here when things get a little stressful.
We took Joey swimming at the indoor place in Kamas last weekend and he loved it. It was so fun to watch him splashing and laughing at his brothers. I can't wait to see how his personality is going to develop as he grows up. ( Not that I want him to grow very fast.) It will be fun to see whether he stays so happy like Andrew, becomes competitive like Ben or a calm peacemaker like James. Or maybe he will turn out totally differently than anyone. I am so glad we decided to have one more baby. He melts my heart with his red hair and sweet smile!


4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your boys are absolutely gorgeous! What an incredible family you have. I have never seen Joseph, I just want to squeeze him he's so cute!
Stehanie

Jana said...

I wish you had more kids just so you could keep doing these.

wende said...

joey is the happiest baby ever! he melts my heart too, i have never known a happier baby. i think i've only ever heard him cry once. lucky! (napoleon accent)

Lindsey said...

Oh little Joey! I love the Kamas pool...I think it should be dedicated somehow.