Wednesday, September 10, 2008

ALOHA!

Frank had to do some major work at the airport in Kaua'i, so I decided to come along for a few of the days. It was super! Is there anything nicer than sitting by the pool or on the beach with a good book? My cute friend Hillary is doing an internship over there for Del Sol and so I got to play with her a little...Mmm...Sushi! I know that Sherman, Jen, Rob and Liz will remember the Sushi Chef from the Marriott, Bryce. He was there again and he HOOKED us up! (ok, that was a pretty lame pun) He would make special rolls for us to try that weren't on the menu. Then of course there is the Shave Ice. For those of you who think I used incorrect grammar, You should know better! That is how they say it on the islands, Bra.

Here is Lonnie--who Frank was working at the airport with and his wife, Tammie. What you can't tell in this picture is that Frank is hiding his phone. He was in the middle of a conversation. But for the purposes of this photo, he is acting like someone who knows how to relax, leave work behind you, and have a vacation. Pretty convincing, isn't he?
Aahhh. How sweet. We hiked up to this lighthouse, but there was nobody there to take our picture. So, you'll just have to imagine. The lighthouse is actually on top of that cement pad that you can see way at the top of the picture.
Ok, so that was just too much fun and over too fast! Thanks, Frank for the break. I needed it!

7 comments:

Dirk Handlebar said...

Lucky.

Seriously, I hate the word verification feature. Mine this time is qegucvxk. Not easy to read, let alone type.

Lindsey said...

Jealous doesn't even cover it. My word verification is mdjtl...a lot easier than Dave's. I win!

Jana said...

I hope the next time I see you you are still saying "bra" a lot. I love it on you. rikez - new winner.

wende said...

i wanna go to hawaii! seriously, i've never been and it's definitely on my list of places to go. i'm excited to get the fun details tomorrow over lunch...are you all sushied out?

Unknown said...

Lavish. Did you meet up with Dog while you were there, bra?

Jennifer said...

SURE he was hiding his phone. I miss you guys so much - and Bryce too! Feeling the spirit of aloha right now...

And can I say "amen" to the word verification? Someone feels sorry for the letters that don't get used much. Always makes me feel like a moron when it takes all my concentration to type it in.

Dirk Handlebar said...

You can turn it off.
dkbqxqq