Monday, September 1, 2008

Haircuts and a near disaster!

Well, I said I'd never do it, but I caved. Little Joe got his first haircut. Here he is before... And here he is after...
I found myself thinking, before I started cutting the boys' hair,
It's so cute and curly in the back. I like it long there. I wonder if I should just trim up the front and sides...If this thought ever occurs to you, stop and think about it. This is how mullets are born. I know that the first mullet was created by a mom who liked her little boy's hair in the back but thought it was too scraggly up on top. Never do this! It is better to have a nerdy haircut than to flirt with the danger of a mullet!
Seriously, if I hadn't taken a moment to think before I cut, this could have been my kids. It's a scary thought and that is why I am warning all of you out there... Don't be tempted. It is not worth it. You need to either go short or accept the sides and front getting longer with the back. There is no middle ground here. I hope for all of our sakes, this post has been read and everyone is better informed now.
My near-mistake could save you or a loved one from tragedy!


3 comments:

Dirk Handlebar said...

I find this post offensive. You almost struck gold. Embrace the mullet, Joe David. It is your destiny.

Jenny Moore said...

For those of you who don't know or don't have a 12-year old to explain this to you, words in blue are called hyperlinks and you can click on them. So, check out Dave's pic. It's the greatest thing on my entire blog.

wende said...

dirk handlebar's mullet rocks but that's the only cool one i've ever seen. but i was so sad about joey's curls, so cute! oh well, maybe you'll get lucky and they'll grow back. i can't believe i didn't notice this at play group today? duh.