Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Denacre

It was so fun to have Dee in town. She came over to our house for dinner and FHE. Dee is from Zimbabwe. She lives now in London with her son, Roger, and her mom. The kids loved to hear her talk about Africa and England. They were fascinated by her accent and the different words in British English. I think their favorite was the word "jumper" which means hoodie in England. I love having Dee for a friend. She is so funny and smart and thoughtful. When she came, she brought a gift for each of us. I can't wait to get back to London and visit her again. I'm going to have a hard time going without Andrew, because he is pretty smitten by this sophisticated European lady!

1 comment:

wende said...

you'll have to tell me the story of how you know her. april's mom is from england and my favorite is eating dinner with her. she doesn't stop talking and her accent is so fun to listen to.