Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Treats from State College, PA

Every once in awhile a package arrives for me in the mail from my brother, Dave. He just randomly likes to surprise me. He's sent all sorts of things over the years. Really thoughtful stuff like a crepe pan or a Springsteen album or a new hat for James. Lots of times books. I love it! When I was in Pennsylvania, we went to this little Amish store called Peights and I got some candies for my boys and discovered these little bits of deliciousness. It was so fun to check the mail today and find a whole bunch of them. Has anyone else ever seen these? Yummy! Thanks, Dave for being such a thoughtful brother. Now, I just need to find a good hiding place so they don't all disappear while I'm not looking.

4 comments:

Jana said...

Thoughtfulness obviously runs in the family - Zola loved her new sleeper and the kisses are awesome! Thanks for thinking of us!!

Lindsey said...

We went there too and it was the awesomest store. Although I think it's funny that they just repackage other company's treats but whatever. We bought tons of candy and ate all of it before our trip was over. The stomach ache was totally worth it.

wende said...

i love surprise "good mail" - it's the beeeessst. plus, gummy fried eggs? how cool is that. plus, i don't think rich has ever mailed a package in his life, how thoughtful! way to go dave!

Karin said...

They are fairly common here in Sweden. But I don’t think they are particularly popular even though Swedes generally LOVE candy.