Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Boss

You know what's cool? Bruce Springsteen. Not just the usual definition of cool. I mean the classic kind of cool. He's a veteran of cool. Sorry all you popular teen idols, This guy defined cool before you were even out of diapers. And he's still doing it.We just let the kids stay up late watching the E-Street band perform in Barcelona. I mean how awesome is it to go to any city in the world, sing for a sold out audience where everyone in the audience knows every single word to your songs. That's the life of the Boss. Besides being a political activist, philanthropist and voice of Blue-collar America, he totally ROCKS! I saw an interview with him a few years ago in New York. The interviewer was asking him what he was going to do that night in the Big City. He told him that he promised his kids he'd take them to Beauty and the Beast. I told you he was cool.
I will refer you back to the last few years' LAME Superbowl halftime shows. After each performance was over, I said, "They should have Springsteen play next year. That's someone that football fans would really like." Apparently the NFL has finally taken my advice. Superbowl party at my house. Just no walking in front of the TV when the Boss is on the screen--You'll be hit upside the head by a flying plate of Nachos!

3 comments:

Josi said...

He ain't the boss for no reason :-)

Dirk Handlebar said...

I'm on fire. Nice post, Jen.

Word Verification: boopicks

wende said...

oh man i love the boss. and you're right, he is so cool. i can't wait to see him at the superbowl, what a treat! i didn't know he was the half time show, i let out a little "yipee" when i read the news on your blog!