Saturday, November 22, 2008

Wanna see something gross?

Ok, besides the fact that I am in pretty desperate need of a pedicure, that little purple piggie is broken. I'm pretty sure it is. It is kind of bent and swollen and kills! But that's not the weird part. I broke it a long time ago and it has been numb for years. Whenever I wear a certain height of heels, it pops up and down because it isn't hooked in right. But, the other day when I fell and banged it, it started to hurt. Yeah, pretty bad. Ok, worse than bad. You know how professional athletes can't play with a broken toe? Well, that's because every step causes them to see stars and cry for their mommy. Anyway, so my piggie is in excruciating pain. So, does that mean it is better now that I can feel it again? Am I going to be able to wear my black pumps without that weird popping? It's kind of one of those "Falls down a well, eyes go crossed, gets kicked by a mule, eyes go back,"things. So, I'm thinking that even though I want to curl up in the fetal position every time I go up the stairs, that years-old injury is going to be fixed once this little guy starts to feel better! I'm basically a medical marvel.
Talk about the glass being half full.

4 comments:

wende said...

yikes, that really looks like it hurts. no wonder you're seeing stars. i was totally thinking of the uncle eddie line about his daughter's eyes getting crossed and uncrossed when i read this. i laughed out loud when you mentioned it.

a medical marvel you are. good luck with the stairs for the next litttle while.

Johnson Family said...

Ouch!! Definitely not the prettiest site! It kind of reminds me of the Ute flag on your house, not the prettiest site either--jus' kiddin'!

Jana said...

It's weird to see the female version of Dave's toes. Never noticed that before. Hope it feels better!

Lindsey said...

These injuries run in the family.